Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Saucy Mama Win!!

I forgot to tell you how good this marinade is!!!! I won it from Cathy's blog The Dutch Baker's Daughter!! I Love it!! I just sauted it with with some stir fry beef! NOM!!



I forgot to post this recipe too

Corn-and-Zucchini Saute with Basil

6 ears corn, husks and silks removed (I used a can of corn)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (I used squash)
1 garlic clove, minced
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
Directions

Cut off tip of each cob. Stand corn in a wide shallow bowl; using a sharp knife, slice downward to release kernels. Discard cobs.

In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add zucchini and garlic and cook, tossing, until zucchini is bright green, 1 to 2 minutes. Add corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until corn is heated through, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil and vinegar
I saw it made on PBS.org


Print Recipe


6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That sounds delicious.

andsewon said...

Beef looks yummy and recipe sounds good too.
Corn will be ready here soon.

~Laurie~ said...

I've been reading your blog on Google Reader - this is my first visit to your actual blog in a while! I love the new look AND I love your recipes lately!! You are becoming (or where you always?) quite the chef!! I love easy and delicious and that's what you have been giving us!! LOVE it!!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Thanks for the recipe. I saw that picture of the corn and zucchini on your blog the other day and it looked so good. I mixed some frozen corn and frozen zucchini and I tossed on a sprinkle of Italian herbs. Delicious.

Barb said...

Looks sooooo yummy!!

Patti T. said...

Any recipe with corn and squash and I am hooked. Sounds great.