Cheesy Chicken Fritters Found it HERE
Cheesy Chicken Fritters
Cheesy, Juicy and Flavorful Chicken Fritters always get glowing reviews. If you love easy chicken recipes, this is your recipe!
Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Skill Level: Easy
Cost To Make: $7-$9
Serving: 16 to 18 Fritters
Ingredients for Chicken Fritters:
- 3 large (or 1½ lbs) chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (or cornstarch or potato starch for gluten free)
- 4 oz (or 1⅓ cups shredded) mozzarella cheese
- 1½ Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- ½ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Extra light olive oil, or any high heat cooking oil
Ingredients for Garlic Aioli Dip (Optional)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Using a sharp knife, dice chicken into ⅓" thick pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl. Tip: If chicken breast is partially frozen, it will be a little bit easier to slice.
- Into the mixing bowl, add remaining batter ingredients: 2 eggs, ⅓ cup mayonnaise, ⅓ cup flour, 1⅓ cups shredded mozzarella, 1½ Tbsp dill, ½ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp black pepper, or season to taste. Stir the mixture until well combined, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp oil. When oil is hot, add the chicken mixture a heaping Tablespoon at a time. I used a trigger release ice cream scoop for even portioning). Slightly flatten out the tops with the back of your spoon and sauté uncovered 3-4 minutes on the first side, then flip and saute 3 minutes on the second side or until outsides are golden brown and chicken is fully cooked through*
- To make the aioli (if using), combine all ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup and stir together until smooth.
Notes*To test for doneness, cut a fritter in half and the chicken should be completely white inside. If your chicken is browning too fast, adjust your heat down.
Copyright © 2015 Natasha's Kitchen