Hope all had a great day celebrating Father's Day!!
I went to Church this morning, than came home & cooked!! A friend brought me Squash & cucumbers!! Yummy!!
So I made Cucumber Salad
3 large cucumbers, peeled, thinly sliced
1 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
dash ground cayenne pepper
dash dried parsley flakes
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
dash dried leaf basil
Combine all ingredients except cucumbers; heat until sugar melts. Pour warm mixture over cucumbers. Store covered in refrigerator.
Serves 6 to 8
Squash, corn, basil stir fry
Beef stuffed Squash
BEEF STUFFED SQUASH
Printed from COOKS.COM
5 lg. yellow squash
1 med. onion, chopped
1 med. green pepper, chopped
1 (16 oz.) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
1/2 c. (2 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 lb. ground beef
Wash squash, cook in boiling salted water to cover 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain and cool slightly. Trim off stems. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove pulp, leaving a firm shell. Chop pulp.
Cook ground beef, onion, and pepper in a skillet until beef is browned. Remove from heat, and drain off drippings. Stir in squash and tomato. Place in squash shells in 9x13x2 inch dish. Spoon beef mixture into shells and bake on 350 degrees for 25 minutes
Yesterday was my last day at the hair salon in Hampstead. Start my new job here in town tomorrow!! Yippiee!!
So we had a yard sale up there yesterday. Didn't do too bad in sales but still had to cart junk home!! I made a crumb coffee cake & blueberry muffins & they went over good!!
* Exported from MasterCook *
Crumb Coffee Cake
Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 3/4 cups flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/4 pound butter (l stick) -- softened
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1/4 pound butter -- (1 stick)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 pinch salt
confectioner's sugar (for dusting)
1) Mix together in a large bowl flour, sugar, baking powder, salt; and set aside 2 cups of this mixture for the topping.
(2) Add butter, eggs and milk to flour mixture in large bowl and mix well.
(3) Grease and flour a 13-inch rectangle baking pan. (I used PAM spray w/flour)
(4) Spread batter in prepared pan.
(5) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(6) For Topping: Take the 2 cups of reserved flour mixture and add to the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix together with your fingers until blended and lumps begin to form when you squeeze the mixture making small pea-sized crumbs.
(7) Cover the entire cake with the crumbly mixture.
(8) Bake for 30 minutes.
(9) When cooled, dust with confectioner's sugar