Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm a mess!! LOL

I got both bathrooms cleaned, kitchen floor swept & mopped. Went food shopping. Made a cabbage casserole in the rice cooker, steamed some cabbage in it plus made rice. Than put a greek chicken recipe in the roaster smell yummy! Plus burned the crap out of my hand from the thumb knuckle to the wrist! ughhh nice steam burn! OUCH!!!

Plus my cruise control is not behaving so I'm going to take it back tomorrow!! The wires are just too fine!
Yup I decided not to take the totes downtown the make up was tooo much. I joined Etsy it's a site to sell handmade things. Kinda like Ebay but you don't bid on the stuff. You buy for the price you put on it! Plus their rate is way cheaper than Ebay! I have to take a few more pictures before I put them up, but it's all set-up to do it!


Here's the recipes I made.

Greek Roasted Chicken & Potatoes

A great dish to serve when company is over.

Ingredients
6 lb. chicken (roaster)
Salt and pepper
2 – 3 Tbs. dried oregano
4 - 6 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/4 C. butter, melted
3 Tbs. lemon juice
3/4 C. chicken broth

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour broth into bottom of a roasting pan. Put chicken on a rack in pan; arrange potatoes around and sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Pour butter and lemon juice over top of chicken and potatoes. Bake 2 - 2 1/2 hours until chicken is tender and browned, basting with pan juices frequently.

Yield: 8 Servings.


Rice Cooker Cabbage Casserole

1 medium head of cabbage, chopped
1 lb ground meat, brown & drain before mixing
1 lb sausage, sliced
1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
2-3 whole tomatoes, cut up
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup onion tops or parsley
1 small bell pepper, chopped
1 cup uncooked rice
2 cups water
salt & pepper
Directions
Mix all ingredients together in rice cooker.
Serve when rice cooker goes off.


No comments: