Crumb Coffee Cake (like Entenmann’s)
3 3/4 cups flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/4 pound butter (l stick), softened
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1/4 pound (1 stick) butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 pinch salt
confectioner’s sugar (for dusting)
(1) Mix together in a large bowl flour, sugar, baking powder, salt; and set aside 2 cups of this mixture for the topping.
(2) Add butter, eggs and milk to flour mixture in large bowl and mix well.
(3) Grease and flour a 13-inch rectangle baking pan. (I used PAM spray w/flour)
(4) Spread batter in prepared pan.
(5) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(6) For Topping: Take the 2 cups of reserved flour mixture and add to the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix together with your fingers until blended and lumps begin to form when you squeeze the mixture making small pea-sized crumbs.
(7) Cover the entire cake with the crumbly mixture.
(8) Bake for 30 minutes.
(9) When cooled, dust with confectioner’s sugar