Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Long time no see!! First I want to thank y'all for the comments on sticking with the counseling! I did make it to all but one, didn't think I could handle that one!
Second I quit my crazy job!!! The manager kept throwing me on the emotional train tracks. Than wrote me up for acting depressed???
So I started working at a full service salon 3 days a week, only it's not bring in enough money, so I need to find other ways to bring in some money!

I did survive my DH's birthday! He would have been 50 on March 3rd. I'm trying to plan something to do on April 7th, our wedding anniversary :(

So anyway on Monday my Mom & little brother came over. They brought Hardee's chicken tenders, yummy! My brother had some errands to do, Mom & I cut & pressed 12 wallets while he was gone! When he got back we made plans for him to come back Tuesday. He did come & fixed a few things for me. He's coming back today to hook up a ceiling fan in the back bedroom. He needs to go in the attic to see if there's a support up there!
One the sewing front, all my machines are having tension issues?? I think someone messed with them. I don't see how they could be messed up all at the same time?? They all worked right last time I used them! I about pulled all my hair out!! LOL finally got out the manual for the Pfaff & got that one working right. Than I pulled up the manual for the featherweight online. But so far I haven't got it sewing right :( hope to get it right today!
Off to get this day started!!
Hope y'all make it a great day!





8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I am sure that his birthday had to be a tough day to get through. I can't imagine.

It sounds like a job change was necessary. I hope that you can now find one that will pay more and still be a good fit.

Don't you hate it when the machines act up? How dare they gang up and do it at the same time!!!!


I am glad that your little brother is going to be able to fix the fan up for you. It is nice to have some help.

Cyndi said...

Hi Laurie! I know that your DH's birthday was a very rough day for you...just keep on keeping on - one day at the time. I think you probably did the right thing quitting that job...you definitely didn't need any more stress or emotional turmoil. It amazes me how insensitive people can be! I hope that the perfect job will present itself soon. And I'm glad that you have your mom and brother close enough to be able to get together with them often, and that your brother is handy enough to do things around the house for you.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, and hope the rest of your week is good!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Melissa ;-) said...

I completely agree that there are gremlins that mess with the tension on sewing machines. But to hit both of yours at the same time is just evil!!

Wish I lived closer to you, Tango. I'd love to serve as a distraction in April.

Barb said...

I am glad that you had company on your DH birthday. I would like to see the wallets.

It is wonderful that you have a brother that is so helpful.

Gene Black said...

What? Wrote you up for "acting depressed" ? I think that qualifies for a lawsuit under the Americans with Disabilities Act. That is absurd. I am glad you got out of there. I hope you are able to find something else to fill the coffers.

Thinking about you, my friend.

mint said...

my birthday is March 3

Tina Winchell said...

Laurie, I'm glad you got away from that job. What a ridiculous thing to write a person up for....geesh!
I know your DH's birthday had to have been tough for you, but keep your head up girl...just take it one day at a time.
What kind of quilting machine do you have? I'd love to be able to get a "real" one soon lol.
Have you ever made a mug rug? I put a mug rug swap up on My Quilting Buddies so I'm going to try my hand at one.
Thank you so much for being my second follower on my blog :) I'm still trying to figure the whole thing out but I finally got your link up on there!
Hugs,

Pat said...

How did I miss this post? And HOW can that boss write you up for being depressed? I'm glad you got away from her and I'm sure you'll find something that brings in more money than your present 3-day-a-week job. Maybe your machines are just out-of-practice since you've not been doing much with them lately and they will "remember" how to work better as soon as you are using them more regularly???