Saturday, August 15, 2009

Good Saturday Morning

LOL I ended up having company for dinner. I used the Golden Potato recipe on boneless chicken breasts yummmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

I made these last night to go with dinner. I had more of a batter than a dough so added more flour. Not as light as I wanted them to be?

Butter_Dipped Biscuit Squares

These are the easiest and best biscuits I've ever made. They are light and
buttery and go well with virtually any meal.

2 cups self-rising flour*
2 T. sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes) , melted
All-purpose flour

In a bowl, combine the self-rising flour, sugar and milk; mix well. Turn onto a
floured surface; sprinkle with all-purpose flour. Pat dough to 1/2 inch
thickness. With a sharp knife dipped in flour, cut into 3 inch by 2 inch pieces.
Pour butter into an ungreased 13x9x2 baking pan. Dip one side of each piece into
melted butter. Carefully turn to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450� for 10 minutes
or until golden brown. Yield: 15 biscuits.

*Editor's Note: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2
t. baking powder and 1/2 t. salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to
measure 1 cup.



1 comment:

Patti T. said...

Hi Tango,
Your food looks delicious! My husband just loves biscuits, this looks good enough for even me to try, ha ha. Hope your headache is gone by now.