Sunday, June 7, 2009

Yes!! I found the paper!!

LOL I've been driving myself crazy looking for the paper I wrote those recipes on yesterday!! But I found them!! Right here on my desk, now that's scary!!
This is the
Basmati Rice & Peas Recipe

2 cups low salt chicken broth
1 Tbs. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup uncooked basmati rice
1 can black eyed peas drained & rinsed
1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
Green onions (optional)

Bring broth, butter & salt to a boil over medium heat. Stir in rice, cover & reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes until rice is tender. Remove from heat & add peas & zest using a fork. Cover & let sit stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.

I cooked some patty & link sausages & some bacon for DH's breakfast's. Makes my life easier!! Than made some egg salad for his lunch. Cleaned up the kitchen & decided to move the microwave from the counter to the baker's rack. Had it in the corner & just felt like I was wasting space. Plus I wanted the food processor out. I use it a lot & it gets heavy moving it back under the cabinet! So far I like it!

I was just looking I've been blogging for a year as of May 2008 & I'm coming up on my 200th post??!! Will have to look into a giveaway!! yippee!!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Glad you found the paper....the recipe sounds tasty!