Saturday, June 6, 2009

Boy I'm tired!

I worked yesterday for one of the girls at the old salon shampooing. She called at 7 am she did something to her back. So I said yes I would come help her out! While I was there another friend called she was booked for Saturday & the other girl she works with had taken the day off. So could I come work with her Saturday?? So of couse I said yes!! I made some extra money yippiee!! While I was waiting I looked at a Southern Living & wrote 3 recipes down I found 2 on there site, but I can't find the 3rd??? And of course I can't find what I did with the paper I wrote it on??? Agggghhhhhh!! LOl I want to try these!


Beekeeper's Jezebel Sauce

Prep: 10 min., Cook: 4 min. This sweet-and-spicy sauce is delicious served with pork tenderloin and grilled chicken or as a dipping sauce for fried shrimp. It also makes a great savory spread for biscuits or roast beef and turkey sandwiches.

Yield
Makes about 1 1/2 cups (serving size: 1/4 cup)

Ingredients
1 (15.25-oz.) jar apricot preserves
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth*
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons horseradish
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Preparation
1. Whisk together all ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated and sauce is a pourable consistency. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.

*Vegetable broth may be substituted.

Note: For testing purposes only, we used Polaner All Fruit Apricot Spread.

Note: To make a spread, prepare recipe as directed, omitting chicken broth. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container up to 1 week.


Zesty Honey-Lemon Dressing
Prep: 10 min. Serve this dressing over fresh garden greens or drizzle over steamed green beans, asparagus, or broccoli.

Yield
Makes about 3/4 cup (serving size: 1 tbsp.)

Ingredients
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon lemon zest
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
Preparation
1. Whisk together chopped fresh parsley and next 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days. If chilled, let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Whisk before serving.

The other one was for a balsamic rice with black eyed peas side dish. Sounded really good & something different!
Than I found a different biscuit recipe on TOH that sounded really easy! I might try it tomorrow!

Butter_Dipped Biscuit Squares

These are the easiest and best biscuits I've ever made. They are light and
buttery and go well with virtually any meal.

2 cups self-rising flour*
2 T. sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes) , melted
All-purpose flour

In a bowl, combine the self-rising flour, sugar and milk; mix well. Turn onto a
floured surface; sprinkle with all-purpose flour. Pat dough to 1/2 inch
thickness. With a sharp knife dipped in flour, cut into 3 inch by 2 inch pieces.
Pour butter into an ungreased 13x9x2 baking pan. Dip one side of each piece into
melted butter. Carefully turn to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450� for 10 minutes
or until golden brown. Yield: 15 biscuits.

*Editor's Note: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2
t. baking powder and 1/2 t. salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to
measure 1 cup.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY...

Women are like phones:
They like to be held, talked to, and touched often.
But push the wrong button and your ass is disconnected.


1 comment:

Louise said...

LOL, Tango you come up with the funniest things, but that is so true about women....the recipes sounds yummy...
I miss not being able to work in my salon...now it's a sewing/quilting room....
Have a good night..
Louise