Sunday, June 21, 2009
Happy Father's Day!!
The wedding was fun!! Susan was my "date" LOL
Plus DH bought one of the new $10.00 scratch offs & WON $500.00 Dollars!!! Wahooo!! Sweet!!!!!!
They served at the wedding Jen-O turkey, mashed potatoes, boiled canned potatoes,green beans & a roll plus wedding cake. To drink was this green slush punch, iced tea or Pepsi.
I'm cooking now made some Manwich meat for one night this week. Have rice & chicken cooking for a chicken & broccoli casserole, it's Trish Yearwood's recipe. Than I have brownies in the oven. After than are done & cooled they get a peanut butter layer & a chocolate layer. Recipe is from Betty Crocker.
This is Trish Yearwood's recipe
Makes 10 servings
Work: 20 minutes
Total: 1 hour
Vegetable cooking spray, for dish
2 cups cooked rice
3 cups chopped cooked broccoli
6 cups shredded, cooked, skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lbs.)
1 can (10 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
3 cups (10 oz.) shredded cheddar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Evenly spread out rice in dish. Cover with broccoli.
2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, 1 1/2 cups cheese, the sour cream, mayonnaise, juice, salt, and pepper. Pour over broccoli and top with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition facts per serving:
25g total fat
10.5g sat fat
And from Betty Crocker
Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 2 hours 30 min
Makes: 36 brownies
1 box (1 lb 6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.)
2. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, pouch of chocolate syrup, water, oil and eggs until well blended. Spread in pan. Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave topping ingredients uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes spread over filling. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. For brownies, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.