Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Busy Tuesday!

I just made cheeseburgers for dinner boring I know we had cheeseburgers last nite!! LOL I also have a big batch of The Emperor's chicken in the crock pot. Than made some home-made laundry soap This is the recipe I used, all comments are from who I got it from!My favorite laundry soap......... this takes a bit more work to make, but costs justs pennies and it really works well. we're farmers and we know dirt, lol This is a "Gelled" type laundry soap. It will gel up to a consistancy like soft jelly. It melts very easy in your wash water. There is never any left on your clothes after the wash cycle. One more point to make here is, with homemade laundry soaps, there are not the suds like in commerical brands. Suds don't clean cloths. The suds are just for "eye appeal" it's from by- products added to the store bought product. 1 bar of solid soap, grated ( I use Zote or fels naptha ) I buy my Zote at a Dollar General store for yes, 1.00 a bar. Its a good size bar too. 1 c washing soda 1 c borax a big bucket (2 gal ) I recyle the buckets cat litter comes in. You want a bucket with a tight fitting lid for this.
1. grate soap, entire bar.
2. add 6 cups of water to a big pan and add grated soap.
3. heat til soap melts completely. whisking as it melts.
4. add washing soda and borax and stir til dissolved.
5. remove from heat
6. pour 4 cups of hot water into your bucket, then add your melted soap mixture and stir.
7. add in 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water and stir again.
8. let sit 24 hours.
Use 1/2 c per load.

Than I want to try this recipe from Queenietwo
June’s Chicken
2 or more chicken pieces (I buy family packs of drum sticks or cut up a whole fryer)
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
7 oz. can tomato paste
1 chopped onion
3 chopped garlic cloves
water (enough to simmer with)
Slightly brown the chicken pieces, but not totally cooked. Remove chicken and put on a plate. In oil and chicken juices cook the onion and garlic. Add spices, tomato paste, water and chicken pieces. This can be put into a slow cooker and cook all day on low, or put in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour. Longer if the heat is reduced. Or it can be left on the stove top to simmer for about 1 to 2 hours. Serve with cooked noodles or rice or potatoes.

No comments: