Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas Stuff is going on here!!

I put up my Christmas tree!! That hasn't happened in a long time!!


Made Grandma's Cranberry Cookies Found the recipe HERE


Yields 4 dozen
 Soft Cranberry Sugar Cookies
 Ingredients
10 oz. Craisins or other sweetened, dried cranberry
 1 1/2 cup sugar (plus extra for rolling)
 1 cup Crisco
 2 eggs
3 1/2 cup flour
 1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Instructions Preheat oven to 350. Combine Craisins and 1 cup of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove and let cool. Combine flour and baking soda in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, Crisco, eggs and vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add Craisins and flour mixture alternately. Mix well. Shape into small balls (about 1 1/2" big) and roll in sugar until the ball is thinly coated. Bake 10-15 minutes until edges are slightly browned. Notes You can use raisins in place of Craisins if you prefer.

I'm adding the recipe here too cause some people are deleting their recipe or closing their blogs up. So this way I don't have to scramble around to try and find it again.
I have just had this happen on a recipe, LOL an anonymous commenter told me to delete my dead recipe post!! 


Than I celebrated Winter Solstice with some comfort food...



EFD586CCCCF9455FD07B417ECEFD78FB

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I have a file of recipes on my computer because I made one once and discovered that the place I found it - and bookmarked it - was gone. now I save the "keepers" both on my computer AND in the cloud.

Needled Mom said...

It looks and sounds so festive there. Merry Christmas.

Kate said...

Well done, you, your tree is beautiful!! I love cranberry cookies but darn, your comfort food is making me hungry and it's just mid morning. ♥