Monday, April 22, 2013

So time has slipped away from me again :(

So my last chemo was March 28, YAY!! I hope to never do that experience again!! Sorry I didn't get a view picture. I also turned 55 (ekkkkkkkkkkkk) on March 25 Received these lovelies!!









  Made myself a killer banana cake, NOM!The icing is killer!! Recipe Here




  Than I used scraps from the Tradewinds quilt & made pot holders. I gave them away & she loved them said they matched her kitchen perfectly!!


  So all in all I'm hanging in there! I have a Drs. appt. here on May 2nd then a pre op appt in Chapel Hill on May 31st than surgery June the 13th. Lots of paperwork & lots of things I have to do before hand. Just trying to get my ducks in a row!!

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

Oh what a lovely birthday plant. I love orchids, but I can't grow things.

Take care of yourself.
Hugs
Gene

~Laurie~ said...

Happy, happy last day of yucky chemo. But more importantly - HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sending some love your way!

Kate said...

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Delighted to hear that your chemo is finished. Your pot holders are beautiful and such a great idea for using up scraps. Big hugs.

Canarella said...

Happy Birthday to you my friend. It was so heart warming to see your comment. Sorry you are going through so much I need to sit here and read what the hell is happening with you . But the banana cake looks devilishly good! Just got my quilt room done.Can you believe that so much has been going on that i have not quilted in 4 years, That is a sin to the quilt god! xoxo Lani

Millie said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry you are going through a bad time, will be thinking of you. Love your killer banana cake.

Lee said...

So glad to hear your chemo is done! Yay! Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you approach your pre-op appointment and surgery. Also, if you get a minute, check out http://pcrm.org/health/cancer-resources/ They have great resources, and you can sign up for their recipe of the week! (Lots of veggies involved. :-) )