Friday, March 23, 2012

80 & 81 of 366

I bought a small butternut squash yummmm marinaded it over night because I ran out gas for the grill(gasp)than after I went to get a refill I was too lazy to cook!! LOL. I found the recipe HERE

BBQ Grail's Grilled Butternut Squash

1 butternut squash
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, thyme or oregano
5 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
Salt
Directions
Slice the butternut squash in half and remove the pulp and seeds from the bulb end. Slice the squash into 1/2 slices. Cut the bulb end slices in half. Combine the oil, vinegar, honey and herb in a bowl and mix well. Place the squash in a plastic zip bag and pour in the oil mixture. Remove as much air from the bag as possible and seal it. Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
Heat your grill to medium hot. Remove the squash slices from the bag, retaining as much oil mixture as possible. Season the squash slices with a little bit of kosher salt. Grill the slices about 5 minutes per side. Remove squash from the grill and drizzle with oil mixture. Cover with foil and let rest for 12 minutes. Serve.
If you love butternut squash you must try this recipe!!! It's a keeper!!

In the bag


After the grilling, NOM I ate it for breakfast!! LOL



5 comments:

Sweet Pea said...

Your cooking always looks delicious!

Gene Black said...

Wow! that looks great. I love butternut squash. I may have to see if the local grocery has some.

Toodie said...

That looks delicious! I love squash and now I'm going to try this way!

helly5 said...

Mmmmm, looks yummy :)

helly5 said...

Mmmmm, looks yummy :)