Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cold Sunday!

But no snow here!!! Yippieeeeeeee Hope all that do have stay safe!

After Church I made some Almond Toffee yummy I got the recipe from Oprah's site.
I only did the chocolate on one side.
pictures 115


Almond Toffee
Recipe created by Kate Stewart Rovner


Kate Stewart Rovner's almond confection won Best of Show in the candy contest at the 2009 State Fair of Texas.
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup European-style butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. corn syrup (Karo)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups almonds , with skins, coarsely chopped and toasted
12 ounces milk chocolate , chopped, divided use
2 cups finely chopped almonds , toasted, divided use
Butter a 15"x10" jellyroll pan.

In a 3-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar, brown sugar, 1/3 cup water, Karo and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar dissolves. Raise the heat to medium. Cook at a gentle boil for 10 minutes, stirring often, until temperature reaches 290°. Add almonds and stir until thermometer returns to 290°.

Remove from heat. Immediately pour the mixture onto the prepared sheet and spread. Sprinkle 6 ounces of the chocolate over the toffee. Let stand for 2 minutes. Using a small offset metal spatula, spread the chocolate over the toffee. Sprinkle with 1 cup of finely chopped almonds. Press gently Refrigerate uncovered until firm, about 2 hours.

Microwave remaining chocolate until melted.

Invert toffee onto a waxed paper–lined baking sheet. Spread with melted chocolate and sprinkle with remaining almonds. Press gently. Refrigerate uncovered for 2 hours or until set.

Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Print Recipe

My newest snowman!! He's tooo cute. A hair client gave him to me for Christmas.

pictures 117

4 comments:

Pat said...

CUTE snowman.......wish I could have some of the "sweets" you made!

imspecl said...

Tango, that Toffee looks delish - I think I'm fading into a diabetic coma looking at it LOL. Such a cute snowman!

imspecl

Unknown said...

I love this stuff but have never made it...now I'm dying to..especially after seeing how easy it is. YAY!

Patti T. said...

Wow, that looks really really good! I will have to remember this when all my holiday sweets are a distant memory.