Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh what a day!!

Oh what a day!!
We left about 11am to go to the family dinner, it's 2 hour drive. Get off Rt 40 to get gas, piddle & I got coffee & DH got water. We go about 20 minutes down a country road & DH goes Dear so I'm thinking all these crazy thoughts?? LOL out of the corner of my eye I see DEER yikes!! This animal was on a mission, I said Oh Dear Lord!! It was going to run right out in front of us, & there was no where to go!! I was about to stand on the brakes & it's one hoof hit the shoulder of the road & it did an about face & all I saw was it's tail bobbing running the other way!! I don't know how it turned on a dime like that but I'm so grateful it did!! I said Thank you Lord!! Took me a bit to calm down thought I was going to be sick!! I was shaking holding the steering wheel with a death grip!! So scary!!
The dinner was good lots of food, half the banana bread was left so it's in the freezer now! My MIL started with me again about the holiday's. But I told her we will not be there for Thanksgiving but for Christmas. I said you had us for Thanksgiving last year & I was tired of the arguing between DH & I!! So I said we have 2 families that both want us to come & I planned it out this way last year to avoid all the mess!! I was shocked when she said she understood!?? So all in all a good day!


No comments: